You all have use the versatile popular mobile application “Truecaller”. But have you think who is the man behind this powerful phone directory app. How Truecaller works? What will be the net worth of this app. Let us know everything about Truecaller in this article and find out the net worth of Alan Mamedi (Truecaller CEO).
A technology enthusiast Alan Mamedi, a student of Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm (Sweden) is the man behind the Truecaller. He made a mobile application Truecaller whose database stores and manage about two billions of phone numbers. So let know the net worth of Alan Mamedi in this article.
You will also able to find out the answers of such questions as:
How Truecaller makes momey?
Premium services of Truecaller?
The net worth of Alan Mamedi?
Related: Mahendra Singh Dhoni net worth 2018
Alan Mamedi Is The Man Behind This Masterpiece
The undisputed king of mobile phone numbers Alan Mamedi hold the planet’s two billion mobile phone numbers.
He is the CEO and co-founder of the Truecaller mobile application.
He has also founded an auction website Bidding.se in 2006.
Truecaller was initially launched by BlackBerry on 1 July, 2009. Later it was launched for Symbian and Windows smartphone after positive response from the users. In the same year on 23 September 2009, Android and i-Phone released the Truecaller mobile application for its users.
Truecaller received $18.8 million from in funding from Sequoia capital with their existing investor OpenOcean in February, 2014. They also received $60 million from Niklas Zennstrom’s Atomico investment firm and from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers in the same year in October.
On 7 July 2015, Truemessenger SMS app was launched by Truecaller exclusively in India. The aim of the launching of the Truemessenger app in India is to increase the company’s user base in India.
Idea of Truecaller
The Truecaller CEO Alan Mamedi started his mobile app company with his college friend Nami Zarringhalam in 2009 for their personal use. The incessant calls from employers from different countries gives the idea of such application who would insist him to delete bad reviews that were posted on his employer review website Jobbigt.se, which he and his college mate had built. Since it was not possible to remember the phone number of so many person, he could not avoid it. To tackle that, he thought of creating universal call ID that would enable him to filter calls he did not intend to answer. And thus Truecaller was born.
An arm of True Software Scandinavia AB (Swedish Company), Truecaller has become a topnotch search technology company with offices in Stockholm, San Francisco, Bangalore, and Delhi.
Truecaller has 100 million active users today. From being a simple caller ID and spam blocking service provider mobile application, now the app has evolved into a communications platform that offers SMS, calling, and payment services too among others.
In What Way Truecaller Makes Money?
As Truecaller is a free mobile application available for Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Symbian and Windows phone which anyone can use over his or her mobile phone.
But still the question is how Truecaller makes money? How did Truecaller made such a makeable growth in the mobile phone era?
- Truecaller provides Premium Services to its Users for making money.Truecaller earns the biggest part of its revenue by its premium services provided to it’s customer. Premium services of Truecaller are starting from $0.99 per month and onwards. Premium charges depend on what facilities or services you want to avail. Truecaller Premium users have a blue badge on their profile. It provides a lot of extended features to it’s premium members than their free users.If you pay for Truecaller, you can access the following facilities of it:
- Viewers on your profile: Users will able to see who have visit their profile. They will also know how many times their profile is visited by others and by whom. Not only this, you can also see the time of visit! As of now, this facility is only available for Android users.
- Monthly Contact Requests: Under this feature, you can send requests to 30 Truecaller users to see their contact information.
- No more Advertisements: Users can get rid of the annoying advertisements by just taking the premium membership of Truecalller.
Other Revenue Source For Truecaller
- The adversiments or pop-ups during browsing through the Truecaller app generate a great revenue for it. Even if you watch some videos for one day premium, it will also generate a good revenue.
- Truecaller charges the cost to i-Phone or BlackBerry users for the use of the app. It charges INR 120 per month to these users. Although it is free for Android users, but they will also get premium account by paying for it.
India as Truecaller Biggest Hub
India is the second home for Truecaller. It provides biggest market for Truecaller with 65 percent of it’s users, which is consequently where the biggest launches are focused.
The recently launch of version 8 of the Truecaller app by which users in India will have access to a peer-to-peer payment service – a highly relevant feature. The launching of this feature is to promote cash-less India mission. It is because the Indian Government decided to take 86% of the country’s cash out of circulation during the demonetisation in India in 2016.
Alan Mamedi net worth 2018
Truecaller CEO Alan Mamedi current net worth is estimated to be in Billions (in US dollar). His net worth touched US $1 billion in December, 2015.