Shri Narendra Modi Ji, the current Prime Minister of India, is one of the powerful politician and person on the planet. In this article you will find out the Narendra Modi net worth and his strategies to make India a powerful Nation in the World.
In 2018, according to a survey Narendra Modi is the most admired person in India followed by former captain of Indian Cricket Team Mahendra Singh Dhoni who is second most admired person in India.
Narendra Modi net worth 2018 | Prime Minister of India
- 1 Narendra Modi net worth 2018 | Prime Minister of India
- 2 Narendra Modi early life
- 3 Narendra Modi: Prime Minister of India
- 4 Narendra Modi net worth 2018
Narendra Modi is a politician from India and is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He is the 14th and current Prime Minister of India.
Narendra Modi is the most loved Prime Minister of India till now and also called as People’s Prime Minister.
He also served as the chief minister of Indian state of Gujarat from 2001 to 2014. The GDP growth rate of Gujarat averaged 10% during Modi’s tenure, a value above that of any other States.
Narendra Modi early life
A keen debater, Narendra Modi was born on 17 September 1950 in a family of grocers in Vadnagar, Mehsana district, Bombay state (present-day Gujarat). His father Damodardas Mulchand Modi (c.1915 – 1989) sells tea at the Vadnagar railway ststion. While his mother Hiraben Modi (born c.1920) was a housewife who was also the mentor for Narendra Modi. He was third of his six siblings.
Family of Narendra Modi
Narendra Modi’s family belonged to the Modh-Ghanchi-Teli (oil-presser) community. This community comes under Other Backward Class (OBC) by the Indian government.
In his childhood, Modi helped his father at his tea-stall by selling tea at the Vadnagar railway station. Later he also ran a tea stall with his brother near a bus stop in Gujarat.
Narendra Modi Education
Modi completed his higher secondary education in Vadnagar in 1967. His school teacher described him as an average student in study but as a keen debater, with interest in theatre. Modi had an God gift for rhetoric in debates, and his teachers, students and friends noted this.
In 1978, Modi received a Bachelor of Arts degree in the field of political science from School of Open Learning at University of Delhi. He completed his graduation with a third class. Five years later, in 1983, he received a Master of Arts degree in political science from Gujarat University, as an external distance learning student.
Modi Ji personal life
Modi’s marriage was arranged by his parents when he was a child. He was engaged at age 13 to Jashodaben, marrying her when he was 18. According to report, their marriage was never consummated, and he kept it a secret. Although Modi kept his marriage secret for most of his career, he acknowledged his wife when he filed his nomination for a parliamentary seat in the 2014 general elections.
Modi also maintains a close relationship with his mother, Hiraben and often visits her on his birthday to seek her blessings. He also visited to his mother after winning the Prime Minister seat in 2014.
Narendra Modi: Prime Minister of India
In September 2013, Narendra Modi was the BJP’s candidate for prime minister in the 2014 Lok Sabha election. Modi played a dominant role in the BJP’s election campaign. Several people who voted for the BJP stated that if Modi had not been the prime-ministerial candidate, they would have voted for another party. The election was described as a referendum on Narendra Modi. The people named this election campaign as “the Wave of Modi( मोदी लहर)“.
During the campaign, Modi focused on the corruption scandals under the previous Indian National Government (INC) government. Under his Chief minister period, high rate of GDP growth in Gujarat plays an important role in election. Modi projected himself as a person who could bring about “development” without focus on any specific policies.His message found support among young Indians and among middle-class citizens.
Narendra Modi was sworn in as the Prime Minister of India on 26 May 2014 at the Rashtrapati Bhavan. He became the 14th Prime Minister of Independent India. He also became the first Prime Minister born after India’s independence from the British Empire.
His hardwork and passion towards country made him a great politician and Prime Minister. He only used to sleep 4 hours in a day-night. He starts his day with Yoga and exercise after that he focus on his work. His target is to make India a Healthy, Wealthy and Technology rich Nation.
Modi’s Strategies as Prime Minister
His first cabinet consisted of 45 ministers, 25 fewer than the previous United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government.
In November 2014, 21 new ministers became part of the council of ministers. During his premiership, India rose to the 100th rank in the 2018 Ease of Doing Business ranking by World Bank.
Modi’s government focused on privatisation and liberalisation of the economy, based on a neoliberal framework under his economic policies. After one year of Modi’s government, the Indian GDP grew at a rate of 7.5 percent. This rapid growth making it the world’s fastest-growing large economy.
In September 2014, Modi introduced the Make in India initiative to encourage foreign companies to manufacture products in India. The main goal behind this startup is turning the country into a global manufacturing hub.
He also launched a programme intended to develop 100 smart cities in all over the country on 25 June 2015. The reason behind smart cities programme is to start making these cities Green, Clean and Technology rich city.
Modi’s other policies such as Health and sanitation, Hindutva and education, Foreign, environmental and Defence Policies make India a powerful and Developed country in the World.
Modi’s foreign visits and deals
Whenever Narendra Modi goes on a foreign trip, his bete noire’s taunted him for working hard so much to enhance country’s image at the global level. In fact, Narendra Modi became the first Prime Minister to be criticised for working hard.
Some of the wise deals with Foreign country are:
1. The Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan & External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj concluded the deal after convincing Saudi Arabia not to charge ‘On-Time Delivery Premium charges’ on Crude Oil. Thus saved the country thousands of crores.
2. India will build 4 Hydroelectric power stations + Dams in Bhutan only to get it’s lion’s share in Green energy that will be produced in future from these projects.
3. India succeeded in getting the international project of building the Biggest ever dam in Nepal due to which India will fetch 83% Green Energy produced from the biggest hydropower station for free. China had tried hard to get the project but in vain.
4. Modi succeeded in convincing Japan to invest $ 30Billion in Delhi –Mumbai Investment Corridor (DMIC) which is an exclusive rail line project for fast transportation.
5. Modi government has developed a strategic relationship with Vietnam against all odds which has now agreed to facilitate Oil exploration to ONGC-Videsh dispelling the Congress party’s fears of a backlash from China.
6. Modi could increase Oil Imports from Iran despite the ban by the USA besides getting a go-ahead to build ‘Chabahar Port’ in Iran encircling Pakistan. India can now have exclusive access to our Naval ships in this port. With this, India can checkmate Pak moves.
Deals to make India as a Super-Power Nation
7. India could get additional supplies of Uranium from Australia for its energy production.
8. Modi government’s crucial achievement was to make Sri Lanka back out from Chinese contract of developing ‘Hambantota Port’. The China could get the contract during the UPA regime. According to a recent CIA report that mentioned about the major role played by RAW in displacing President Rajapakse in elections in Srilanka.
9. Modi also could make China invest heavily in India to bring down the trade deficit with China which has committed an investment of $20 billion in India. That’s nearly Rs.140,000 crores in Indian currency.
10. Modi accorded top priority to country’s security who could tie-up with US, Israel & Japan to participate in Malabar exercise this time to checkmate Pak besides succeeding in concluding the import of high-end military drones from Isreal to use in surgical strikes along the borders.
Narendra Modi net worth 2018
Narendra Modi net worth is estimated to be US $230,000 (INR 1.70 crore). His net worth is largely due to a residential property that has appreciated by more than 25 times since purchase over 13 years ago. The annual income of Narendra Modi is around $54,000 (INR 39 lakhs).
Narendra Modi draws a monthly salary of INR 1,70,000 as the Prime Minister of India. He donates the entire salary to Prime Minister Relief fund.
He also doesn’t own any private vehicles and he still retains his bank accounts only in Gujarat.