The man who started his career by earning a mere ₹1,500 per month in a restaurant in Bangkok is now highest paid actor in Bollywood. Yes you read right! The versatile actor as well as producer of B-Town Akshay Kumar is now the highest paid actor in Bollywood. He is also a martial artist, stuntman and philanthropist. In this blog, you will know the Akshay Kumar net worth 2018 (updated), his life style, Bollywood career, earning and many more. So just go through this blog, and let’s have a tour with Akshay Kumar.
A Glimpse of his early life
- 1 A Glimpse of his early life
- 2 Akshay Kumar Career
- 3 Moments of Pride and Honor
- 4 Akshay Kumar Charity work | The Man with Golden Heart
- 5 How much Akshay Kumar charge per film?
- 6 Akshay Kumar net worth 2018
According to Forbes Magazine, Akshay Kumar has emerged as the seventh highest-paid actor in the world by earning US $40.5 million, in 2018. But things are not so easy for Khiladi Kumar, he has travelled a milestone to achieve this. So let’s start from the beginning!
Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia aka Akshay Kumar was born on 9th September 1967 in Amritsar, Punjab, India. His father was a military officer while his mother was a housekeeper.
He spent his childhood in the city like Delhi and Mumbai.
He started his schooling at Don Bosco School. Afyer the completion of his school, he went for higher education in Guru Nanak Khalsa College. But he dropped out after the first year to learn martial arts in Bangkok as he was passionate about martial arts.
He started to work as a chef, while he was learning martial arts in Bangkok.
After few years, he returned to Mumbai and started teaching martial arts. He also get a chance there into modelling world through one of his student. He was signed as a background dancer and also worked as an assistant to a photographer.
After few years, he visits a film studio with his portfolio. Yes, this was the time to emerge Akshay Kumar’s career in the B-Town. Fortunately he get a lead role as an actor in the movie ‘Deedar’.
Akshay Kumar is is married to the Bollywood actress Twinkle Khanna. They are living a happily married life with each other. This amazing couple have a boy and a girl. He follows a strict routine every day and a punctual man so that he can give quality time to his family.
Akshay Kumar Career
Akshay’s initial Bollywood career was not successful, and he received poor reviews for his roles. The breakthrough came with the suspense thriller movie ‘Khiladi’ in 1992. The series gave him a vital place in Bollywood and after that he known for Khiladi Kumar for his outstanding action role in Khiladi movie series.
He has made over a hundred Hindi films—over 130 films in all, to date. In the early stages of his career, he mostly appeared in action films but now he love to do social, comedy as well as science-fiction films.
The series of film “Hera Feri” perfectly defined his acting in a comedy film. The series was very successful on the Box office and also loved by the audience. Audience loved the series so much that the 3rd series of the Hera Feri is coming soon as Akshay Kumar has started it’s shooting.
- Khiladi (1992)
- Dil To Pagal Hai (1997)
- Hera Pheri (2000)
- Bhool Bhulaiya (2007)
- Welcome (2007)
- Singh Is Kinng (2008)
- OMG – Oh My God! (2012)
- Holiday (2014)
- Airlift (2016)
- Rustom (2016)
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha (2017)
- Pad Man (2018)
- Gold (2018)
Upcoming movies list
- 2.0 (November 2018)
- Crack (2019)
- Kesari (2019)
- Housefull 4 (2019)
- Hera Pheri 3 (2019)
- Good News (19 July 2019)
Moments of Pride and Honor
- In 2008, the University of Windsor conferred an Honorary Doctorate on Akshay Kumar in recognition of his contribution to Indian cinema.
- In 2009, he was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India.
- The Asian Awards honored him for his outstanding achievement in cinema, in 2011.
- He also got a National Film Award For Best Actor for the film Rustom (2016).
- He also won two Filmfare Awards: Best Villain for Ajnabee (2002) and Best Comedian for Garam Masala (2006).
- Akshay also received the highest Japanese honour of “Katana” along with sixth-degree black belt in Kuyukai Karate.
Akshay Kumar Charity work | The Man with Golden Heart
- To help the drought-hit farmers in Maharashtra, he gave a financial aid of Rs. 90 lakh to help 180 families of the farmers who had committed suicide. He also made a contribution of 50 lakh to Salman’s charitable trust Being Human. He also donated Rs 1 crore to Chennai’s flood relief.
- Not many know that he also launched a martial arts school to provide self-defence training to women for free in Mumbai and has trained 4000 women!
- During the shoot of Khatron Ke Khiladi, one of the participants was leaving the show because he under-performed. When Akshay asked him what he would have done with the winning amount, the participant said, “I will use it for my father’s cancer operation”. Akshay didn’t just call him to console, he even gave him a Rs. 25 lakhs cheque.
- Akshay sang and shot a music video of the Punjabi devotional song, Nirgun Raakh Liya and whatever profit he made, he donated to the victims of the train bombings of Mumbai on July 11, 2006.
- During promotions of his film Entertainment, Akshay attended an event organised by Youth Organization in Defence of Animals (YODA). Akshay bought a Burberry jacket from the exhibition for Rs. 1,00,000 and paid Rs. 3,60,000 for the same, donating the entire amount to YODA.
- Akshay’s monetary contribution to the Indian army deserves respect !
- In November 2016, Akshay had volunteered to adopt a village hit by farmers’ suicides.
- Akshay proposed and then eventually launched Bharat Ke Veer app and website to help people make monetary contributions to the families of martyred jawaans.
- In April 2017, Akshay Kumar helped in developing a proper insurance scheme for Bollywood’s stunt artists.
Akshay Kumar contributes 25 Lakh to 103 families of martyrs as Diwali gift.
Don’t go on these numbers, Akshay Kumar has done a lot for the Humanity which is not mentioned above. This is the reason why is called as the Man with Golden Heart. His social films like Toilet: Ek Prem Katha and Pad Man have contributed a lot in reformation of developing India than our Government.
How much Akshay Kumar charge per film?
Akshay Kumar started his career by earning a mere ₹1,500 per month in a restaurant in Bangkok is now highest paid actor in Bollywood. According to report, Akshay charges anywhere from ₹0 to ₹30 crore per film.
According to report, Akshay didn’t charge any fee for working in Airlift, but instead of that he asked for 50% of the profit earned by the film.
There was also some rumour that he has been charged even ₹1 crore per day in some cases. The rumour spread when he was shooting the film, Jolly LLB 2. He completed the shooting of that film in just 45 days, which was the reason behind his high charging fee of ₹1 crore per day. This is reason which make him a Global actor and boost-up Akshay Kumar net worth 2018.
His unique business model ensures that it’s not just the star who takes home all the dough, but also the production house, the distributors and all the other parties involved.
Thanks to his punctuality and strong work ethic that he always finishes work in record time. This is the reason behind his success. His punctuality and strong work ethic help him to do four to five films in a year.
How much Akshay Kumar charge per ads?
According to a report of Forbes, the Bollywood star Akshay Kumar has been signed on by 20 brands. And Live Mint has reported that he charges ₹1 to ₹1.5 crore per day for shooting ad films.
But each deal is different so it is difficult to pinpoint to an exact number. It has been reported that Rasna paid him ₹18 crore for a 3-year deal.
Akshay Kumar net worth 2018
Akshay Kumar net worth 2018 has been estimated to be around US $240 million (INR 1758 crores). The fee he charges for Bollywood film is the main income source of Akshay Kumar net worth 2018.
Apart from these, Akshay also earn a lot by advertisement. Inspite of that, he has also some other business and assets which contribute a lot to Akshay Kumar net worth 2018. Let’s know about his side business as well as the super car he owns.
Related: Amitabh Bachchan net worth (Updated)
What other businesses does he have?
It’s common for actors to dip their toes in different ventures, especially when they have the kind of investment capital that Akshay Kumar does. He is not versatile actor only on the screen, but he is also a fine businessman. He makes a lot of profit through his other business.
Khiladi Kumar has two production houses named:
- Hari Om Entertainment that has produced movies like Rustom and Pad Man
- Grazing Goat Pictures whose first film was OMG – Oh my God!
Akshay Kumar’s houses and properties
Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna have a sea-facing Villa in Juhu. Despite of this, he has a beachfront property in Mauritius, a bungalow in Toronto, a hill somewhere in Canada, and 4 flats in Andheri.
According to Mumbai Mirror, each of the above listed properties worth in crores.
Akshay kumar car’s collection
Akshay Kumar has a collection of luxurious as well as sports car. His collection of car includes:
- Rolls Royce Phantom (INR 9 crores)
- Bentley (INR 5.56 crores)
- Continental Flying Spur (INR 23.21 crores)
- Porsche Cayenne (INR 1.04 crore)
- Range Rover Vogue (INR 2.75 crores)
If you love this blog about Khiladi Kumar, share it with your goodies and let them also know about Akshay Kumar. If anything else which you know about Akshay Kumar has not been listed in the blog, feel free to comment in the comment section. Our team will mention those attributes if the information is correct and useful.
For more posts and updates from our website feel free to: